A&R Executive APPLY NOW
As an A&R Executive you will help shape the creative direction and raise the profile of Work. You will identify and sign songwriters, writer/producers, and writer/artists across popular genres including pop, hip hop, R&B, EDM and alternative. You will also be connected and trusted among artists, writers and producers and their managers, and will be effective at securing co-writes, collaborations, cuts, covers and other uses of compositions by Q Music writers.
What you'll do:
• Seek out and sign songwriters and producers with world-class talent and strong commercial potential.
• Develop familiarity and relationships with the existing talent on the roster as well as the existing catalog of songs.
• Pitch the talents of signed writers to producers, artists, labels and others to secure song placements.
• Coordinate with Q Music’s administration to ensure that all our writer’s information is properly catalogued for tracking and collection.
• Attend company meetings as requested.
Who you are:
• Understanding of the A&R and the music industry
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines.
• A demonstrated passion for and experience working closely with songwriters, artists and music producers to take songwriters to “the next level.”
• Strong connections and reputation in the music industry and songwriter/producer community that can be leveraged for the benefit of our songwriters.
• Strong people and relationship building skills. This individual must be able to partner with various teams to gather, analyze and disseminate relevant findings.
• Must have strong knowledge of various genres of music and the ability to separate/identify the commercially viable from the pack.
• Candidate should be enthusiastic and spirited, collaborative, reliable, self-motivated and have a friendly disposition and a positive attitude.