Every artist's top priority is to get more exposure on Spotify.
You can promote your music on this platform in a variety of ways. A unique marketing strategy can also be developed for your music. You can increase your followers as well as get on Spotify Playlists and use paid ads to promote your upcoming release or new album with a well-thought-out strategy. There are a few tools available to help you promote your tracks via Spotify itself.
Music promotion spreads your music, grows your fanbase and advances your career. In the past music promotion was taken care of by industry professionals. But today the power of music promotion is back in the artist’s hands. It’s a lot of work. But with the right plan you can grow your music on your own terms and share it successfully in a way that fits your vision.
Making strong music promotion part of your music marketing plan includes online tools like digital distribution, social media and email, as well as traditional means like live shows, press kits and mailing lists.
Make sure you begin by getting yourself a claimed as well as a verified artist’s profile. You can’t claim the profile simply by uploading your music. A quick solution to this is available at https://artists.spotify.com/. Follow the steps to get started.
Your Spotify for Artists profile can be updated, audio and video ads can be managed, and statistics can be viewed about your music. In case you have all this up to date, you can follow some of the tips given below to promote your music on Spotify and build better engagement.
Real Spotify Promotion
Real Spotify promotion helps you make sure your tracks perform well on the platform. The result is that you gain followers on a regular basis. When it comes to organic spotify promotion, your followers are probably the most important factor.
You can get your new release in front of Spotify users by following these steps. Imagine that you have subscribers to your mailing list among your followers. Make sure you have a plan in place before you upload your music to Spotify. The focus is divided into three main areas:
- Release Radar: You can curate a weekly playlist of new tracks based on your favorite artists and your listening history. Once you're followed by your fans, you're likely to show up on their release radar playlists.
- Discover Weekly: Featured on the home tab and in the discover section each Monday, this section appears in both the discover and home sections of the Spotify app.
- New release emails: Users receive this email notification on Fridays, which contains up to 10 newly released tracks from artists they follow.
Your relevance and credibility outside of Spotify depend on having a large following on Spotify. The Spotify brand is only one aspect of your business.
Music Promotion for Independent Artist
Working musicians in the music industry must not only write tunes that their fans and people who haven't heard their music yet will love, but also promote!
No matter what sort of label you're signed to or how independent you are, you're going to spend a lot of time promoting your songs. There are many ways to get attention on social media, including appearing on a Rolling Stone cover and topping a Spotify playlist. All it takes is getting the word out about you and your art, no matter what level you're at.
Some music promotion ideas for independent artists include:
- Make your music part of a playlist on Spotify or Apple Music
- You can create a music video that goes viral
- Spend money on social media advertising
- PR campaign planning and execution
- Make street distributions of CDs and download cards
- Opening for other bands at concerts and festivals